Read Our Updated COVID-19 Hours, Protocols, and Procedures
We are currently putting measures in place to mitigate the risk of a mandatory closing.
The health care professionals at Copake Veterinary Hospital are following the latest guidance from the federal, state and local agencies to formulate precautionary measures so that Copake Veterinary Hospital remains available to the community for the protection of the health and well-being of both humans and animals alike.
As a mixed animal practice, it is vital that our large animal veterinarians remain available to safeguard our food supply. At this time the CDC believes there is no reason to believe that any animal, including domestic animals, is a source of infection of the COVID-19 virus in the United States. Our large animal veterinarians will continue their daily task of keeping known animal sources of human illness out of the food chain.
We ask for your understanding and patience as we continue to develop operating procedures to remain an important source of health care in our community.
*** UPDATE ***
March 25, 2020 changes to how we are seeing your pets . . .
Our operating hours:
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday
8:00 AM – 1:00 PM Saturday
Sorry, but during the virus outbreak we will not have Thursday and Friday evening hours.
If your animal requires a wellness exam or an elective procedure, we will schedule that type of visit eight weeks in the future.
Our hours for emergencies:
8:00 AM – 6:00 PM Mon thru Fri
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM on Saturday
Please abide by the following “social distancing” procedures while visiting our hospital:
- Please park in the employee’s parking lot (south end of building)
- Our newly enhanced Wi-Fi “Copake Vet Guest” does not require a password and can be used for your Wi-Fi Enabled cell phone.
- Upon arrival you will call the office at 518-329-6161 for check-in. A technician will then speak to you on the phone and ask the appropriate screening questions.
- We ask that you then bring your leashed pet (or cat in a carrier) to the front door. A technician will give you instructions for transfer of your pet in the vestibule.
- You will then exit the vestibule while the attending technician accompanies your pet to the doctor for examination and treatment.
- After the exam your pet will be returned to the vestibule along with an invoice which you may pay by either calling in a credit card or mailing a check.
- After the exam the doctor will call you to discuss the exam and answer any questions you may have about diagnosis, medications or treatment plans.
We look forward to our continued service to our community.
The professional, compassionate and courteous staff at Copake Veterinary Hospital seek to provide the best possible medical, surgical and dental care for their highly-valued patients. When looking for the right veterinary hospital in the Tri-State area for your family, we hope you’ll consider working with us. We are so proud to have been named to the Best of Columbia County list three years in a row! Thank you to our amazing clients.
The Best Veterinary Medical Care
More than cats and dogs.
Beginning March 25th we are open:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday
8:00 AM - 1:00 PM Saturday
Sorry, but during the virus outbreak, we will not have Thursday and Friday evening hours.
Our hours for emergencies:
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM Mon thru Fri
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM on Saturday.