The health care professionals at Copake Veterinary Hospital are following the latest guidance from the federal, state, and local agencies to formulate precautionary measures so that Copake Veterinary Hospital remains available to the community for the protection of the health and well-being of both humans and animals alike. Please read a document produced by the New York State Veterinary Medical Society which explains the client contact restrictions we are required to follow while treating your pets during the Coronavirus Emergency by clicking here.
We are now accepting online payments! Click here to pay online.
Read Our Updated COVID-19 Hours, Protocols, and Procedures
We are currently putting measures in place to mitigate the risk of a mandatory closing.
The health care professionals at Copake Veterinary Hospital are following the latest guidance from the federal, state and local agencies to formulate precautionary measures so that Copake Veterinary Hospital remains available to the community for the protection of the health and well-being of both humans and animals alike.
As a mixed animal practice, it is vital that our large animal veterinarians remain available to safeguard our food supply. At this time the CDC believes there is no reason to believe that any animal, including domestic animals, is a source of infection of the COVID-19 virus in the United States. Our large animal veterinarians will continue their daily task of keeping known animal sources of human illness out of the food chain.
We ask for your understanding and patience as we continue to develop operating procedures to remain an important source of health care in our community.
*** UPDATE ***
November 18, 2020 changes to how we are seeing your pets . . .
Our operating hours:
8:00 AM – 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday
8:00 AM – 1:00 PM Saturday
Our hours for emergencies:
8:00 AM – 6:00 PM Mon thru Fri
8:00 AM – 2:00 PM on Saturday
Please abide by the following “social distancing” procedures while visiting our hospital:
- We recently changed our parking configuration and procedures to accommodate curbside check-in during the winter months
- Please follow the sign directing you to proceed clockwise around our traffic circle to visit our check-in booth.
- For Wi-Fi, please log into “Copake Vet Guest” – No password is required.
- Once you are contacted by a technician, we ask that you then bring your leashed pet (or cat in a carrier) to the front door. The technician will give you instructions for transfer of your pet in the vestibule.
- You will then exit the vestibule while the attending technician accompanies your pet to the doctor for examination and treatment.
- After the exam your pet will be returned to the vestibule along with an invoice which you may pay by visiting our website, calling in a credit card or mailing a check.
- The doctor will be contacting you to discuss the visit and answer any questions you may have about diagnosis, medications or treatment plans.
We look forward to our continued service to our community.
The professional, compassionate and courteous staff at Copake Veterinary Hospital seek to provide the best possible medical, surgical and dental care for their highly-valued patients. When looking for the right veterinary hospital in the Tri-State area for your family, we hope you’ll consider working with us. We are so proud to have been named to the Best of Columbia County list three years in a row! Thank you to our amazing clients.
Communicate with our team
The Best Veterinary Medical Care
More than cats and dogs.
We'll be there when you need us.
The professional, compassionate, and courteous staff at Copake Veterinary Hospital is here to answer all of your questions.
Beginning March 25th we are open:
8:00 AM - 5:00 PM Monday thru Friday
8:00 AM - 1:00 PM Saturday
Sorry, but during the virus outbreak, we will not have Thursday and Friday evening hours.
Our hours for emergencies:
8:00 AM - 6:00 PM Mon thru Fri
8:00 AM - 2:00 PM on Saturday.